An idea that struck me today as potentially interesting was to include a blog section on the site of anyone whose been following the articles and details how they’re getting on with stuff, or anyone who would just like to keep a fringe blog on a site that’s getting traffic through it already.
Ideally what I’m thinking is:-
1) In between now and August keeping an irregular blog, that keeps a record of photo shoots, script meetings, final versions of posters, previews, arguments and anything else. To show how you’re progressing with things.
2) In August a once a day round-up of the days events at the fringe of around 200 words, with photos. Stuff from a mobile good enough.
3) The blogs be reasonably entertaining, (not excessively) long and hopefully informative.
4) The writers be honest enough to detail when gigs have gone wrong.
Who would be good?
- First timers putting on their own show, either on their own or as part of a group.
- Regulars. Who have done shows before and want to record of stuff for their failing memory.
- Anyone I might not have thought of who thinks they can add something to the project.
Benefits of doing it
- A record of the experience.
- A chance to post your own links to websites and twitter accounts.
- The site currently averages 70ish views per day. During the fringe I would expect that to go up .
If you are interested?
Email me using the form below so as it doesn’t get mixed in with my day-to-day stuff.
We’ll take it from there.